Friday, October 14, 2011

RETRO!!!

Last night the retro party happened. The funny thing is that you don't go to the retro party, the retro party happens to you. However, before I jump in to the fun stuff I need to cover the first chaptors of this event, shopping.

After lunch I found myself in the car with four other guys that I never really met before, but we all had the same goal; find the best outfit we could at the Goodwill, and boy did we find some good stuff. The funniest thing about shopping though was that there some people who were looking at some of the same type of hydios (sorry, no spell check) cloaths that we were but they were doing it for real...I am afraid that the 80's might be back. *shutters* Any way. After about a half hour of looking I found what I was going to ware and 25$ later I was set to shock and awe (Mostly shock I think).

The rest of the day went per usual with dinner then classes, but after we finnished our class every one dove for there rooms to go change. I grabbed my black botton up shirt, rolled up the cuffs of my black fake Snake/Crockidile skin pants, and bearly squeezed into my tan 50's rock and roll jacket and unleeshed my new look on the world...of the coach house.

I was one of the earlier arivals but I could see that it was going to be an interesting night. I can not begin to descibe all the wacky outfits that people had, but what I can say is that we had a range of still crossing almost a hundred years. We had a late 1800's dress, then 20's then there was a lot of 50's lether jackets and then, of course, the very, shell we say, colorfull 80's and 90's cloaths. (I am sure that there will be pics on facebook and other places as soon as I can get ahold of them. There was also video that was being taken so look forward to that as well)

As for the music it was increadible. Everything from Lynard Sckynard's Sweet Home Alibama to Justin Biebers "Baby" (Shutters. I insisted on singing Bainlings instead Fyi), but I have to say that the best part of the night, which I was totally not expecting was that...drum roll please...I won the best costume award! With my 25$ of second hand cloaths that were older then me I won best dressed. It was pretty sweet. I Am looking forward to pictures of the event and to see what every one was wareing.

Sorry about this being a longer one but there was a lot to tell.
Have a good day and God bless.
Slainte

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Son, how fun!! Congratulations on your win! Great story, too.

    I love to hear your voice in these posts. :-) Please don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAINLINGS! (I need to listen to that again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I really need to see pictures! Sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete