Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And on the second day...

This morning started off with me finding out that I have a cold. Not a very good thing to wake up two. I had a sinking suspicion that I would be getting one last night but I was hoping that I might not get it, but alas I have. However, I am feeling better and we are about to go on a hike so I am hoping that some fresh air and some exercise help clear up the old pipes.

On a slightly less snotty note we had our 3rd class in hermeneutics this morning. We looked at first Samuel 10 I believe. The part about King David being ow so sinfully human and why girls should takes baths INDOORS and not on the roof for crying out loud, but then again it was a different time. What ever the case, the more we get into hermeneutics the more I am liking it. Great fun.

Not so much fun was Dave's rather sobering talk on beach safety...that is until he pulled out the stick figures, classic.

Well, we are about to head out on a hike so I should go. However, I will leave you with a though. How, I do ask, IS a Raven like a writing desk?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick, Son. I should have sent stuff with you to doctor yourself. :-)

    Hope your hike was awesome!

    I have not a clue as to the riddle. I will be watching for an answer. :-)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ian, I'm late to the party on commenting but....I had a question about King David I wanted to ask you.

    Why was David looking at Bathsheba and what does that have to do with us? (other than, as you said, girls shouldn't bathe on the roof)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jeez...well obviusly I can't say what he was thinking at the time, but one thing that you might be able draw from the context is that he was starting to get lazy and a bit full of himself. Maybe started to think that because he was the king he could do what he wanted.

    ReplyDelete