Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Silance FOR the Lamb (If you look hard enough you might get it ;) )

As some of you might have heard it is Day of Prayer here at Ecola. Pretty much what that means is that you have one class in the morning and then you get pack lunches and then you go find yourself a nice spot and pray till dinner. Well to make this more fun I thought I would fast. ha...ha...ha...Me? Fast? From food? That might be a bad idea, and probably not healthy for me either. So I decided to do something both harder and safer. A word fast. No speaking for the entire day. I've gotten by with using my phone to text and to tell people why I am not talking to them but other then that I have hardly had any communication with anyone one today.

The first thing that I found was cool is that because I like talking so much and now I can't talk to any one I have a lot to say but no one to say it too, that is except God. It's amazing how much more you talk to God when you can't even say "Hello" to some one you are walking past.

The other thing that I have found to be cool is peoples responses. A person in the food line was some what puzzled but thought it was interesting. That gall that I got my coffee from didn't know what to think but kinda treated me like a Butist monk that had taken a vow of silance...that was delightfully awkward. :) The lady at the Ecola office just acted like nothing was different and the lady at the post office was very helpful. It is very interesting to see people respond to this but I have also found it very interesting how I have responded. Maybe I will try this again some time or maybe just try not to talk so much. ;)

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger". It's pretty easy to be slow to speak when you can talk. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Son. Silence is an interesting companion when coupled with Jesus. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry Hagman (the actor from Dallas- before your time I know...) regularly did a silence free day to rest his vocal cords. But your reasons are good too.

    ReplyDelete